Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Super Bowl XLII.5

I crossed paths with a coworker this past week who apparently had the NFL Draft on his mind. He had one question for me. He wanted to know if I would watch both days of the NFL Draft. The question came out of nowhere, but in contemplating my reply I realized there are two types of people in this world--those people who watch the first day of the draft and those who watch the first and second day of the draft.

Notice my choice of words. I said people, not fan. There are two types of people.
  • People who love Neil Diamond and people who don't.
  • People who eat sushi and people who don't.
  • People who shave their toes and people who don't.
  • And people who watch the first and second day of the draft and people who just watch the first.
Seriously. It's understood that everyone watches the draft. It's like Super Bowl XLII.5. It's the day, make that weekend, when every team gets to start over. Everyone is undefeated (except for the Raiders, it's a given that they'll loose at least 12 games every year). Everyone gets to restock their team with fresh (all be it unproven) talent. There is hope for even the worst teams.

So what type of person am I? Am I a first day only kinda guy or a first and second day guy? Does recording it on DVR count?

No comments:

Post a Comment

-----

Someone Famous Once Said...


"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated,
let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does
in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

-- Bill Cosby