Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Is it hot in here or...?

Watched my first episode (half episode actually) of American Idol in a long time. Just a few observations: Randy's still hearing "pitchy things", Paula's still giving everyone standing ovations and Simon still hasn't heard his "favorite performance." Guess I haven't missed much.

In other TV news, Hell's Kitchen has my wife and me drawn in for some unknown reason. We've watched every episode this season and have yet to see any of the potential executive chefs prepare anything to Chef Ramsey's liking. Why do we continue to tune it? Every other word out of Ramsey's mouth is bleeped and blurred. Do we enjoy watching failure? I know it's not for the culinary inspiration. I think I know why we watch. It's for the good, old fashioned, Englishman meltdowns. I think watching everything go so wrong for one man makes our lives look so very orderly and optimistic. Maybe we're cheering against Chef Ramsey. Who knows. See you next week in Hell's Kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    I second your American Idol comments, although we're the lame-o's who still tune in :) Have you guys watched Top Chef... we sometimes watch Hell's Kitchen, but Top Chef is by far my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't watch Top Chef...but we do watch Iron Chef. You should check that out if you haven't seen in...I think it is on the Food Network.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out Top Chef sometime. The trouble is the more shows I watch showcasing food, the more food I eat leading me to showcase my belly. Not good.

    ReplyDelete

-----

Someone Famous Once Said...


"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated,
let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does
in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

-- Bill Cosby