Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Post Election Prayer

Dear God,

I woke up today with a strange feeling. I felt disappointed in America, but reassured by my Creator. While the outcome of yesterday's election was not what I was hoping and praying for, I know that ultimately it was in your plan.

My head is somewhat fearful of what Barack Obama will do as president and where he will lead this country, but my heart is content, knowing that you are a big God. As my wife was so quick to put out, Paul told us in Romans 13, "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

So today my prayer is for Barack Obama, that you will guide him as he leads this country. Qualifications, policies and speeches aside, he will be my president. So help me to remember him in prayer.

Thank you, Father, for the democractic process. I pray that we as citizens remained engaged and informed, holding the government responsible for the actions it takes and decisions it makes.

Keep our country safe in the next year. It is my belief and fear that we will be targeted, as we have been in the first year of past president's terms. Protect me and my family. I want only to fear you, God, not man.

In Jesus Name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kevin,

    I just wanted to thank you for this series of blogs. After it was initially announced that Obama was president I felt disappointment in the judgement of Americans. You are absolutely correct, however, that God is our ultimate governing body and he has a plan. Eric made it a point to remind me that this election should not decide my happiness and after much thought I realize he is correct. I will continue to pray for this nation and for our president that he may do what is best for us and our nation. Again Kevin your blogs and your strength have been SO so helpful and I know that in the days and weeks to come I will adjust to the "change" and work harder on letting God govern my life.

    Mrs. Hitzfeld

    ReplyDelete

-----

Someone Famous Once Said...


"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated,
let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does
in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

-- Bill Cosby