Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Somedays It's Hard to Be a Fan

When your team does something like this:

Cutler thinks he is still on trading block

and this

Marshall arrested for disorderly conduct

As you probably know I'm a die hard Broncos fan. Loved 'em since my youth. Will love them 'til I die. But this has been an unusual off season. So far the head coach of 14 years (who also won two Super Bowls) was fired and a new coach (with no head coaching experience) was hired. Two pairs of the GM trio were fired and the new GM and head coach are shopping the franchise, pro bowl quarterback. So now he's upset and hurt and not interested in talking to the team brass. To add insult to injury our young, pro bowl wide receiver has been arrested again which will probably result in a lengthy suspension (my guess is 8 games).

It's times like this that it's hard to be a fan. I'll support my team through thick and thin, but if they loose their talented young QB, the leader of the team, because a new head coach and GM screwed up than what am I cheering for? A mascot? A city?

It's times like this you realize you're cheering for the players and the coaches. I'll pull for whatever team Mike Shannahan goes to next year and if Cutler leaves I'll pull for his team too, but I'd much rather they just stay put. The new young coach will grow on me and he was rather quickly as of late, but these lastest shenanigans are two big steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-----

Someone Famous Once Said...


"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated,
let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does
in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

-- Bill Cosby