Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Worthless Sporting News of the Day

The NBA Draft -- I probably should care because a Kansas State Wildcat was selected as the No. 2 overall pick, but even as an alumni of that fine institute of academic and athletic dominance (don't snicker) I just really don't care. Plus, he would have never played college ball if not for the NBA's ridiculous rules.

The NBA to me is hardly more than a showcase of filthy-rich athletes playing a style of basketball slightly more organized than a driveway pick up game. The difference between college and professional basketball is unmatched by any other sport. I speak mostly out of ignorance of the finer points of the game, but I've heard the same sentiment from many other sports fans and commentators, so I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-----

Someone Famous Once Said...


"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated,
let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does
in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

-- Bill Cosby